Problem with BCP

• Hi,

I am having trouble with BCP.I am using following syntax for inserting rows from text file to one of the table  say Yin x data base with filed terminator $ and row terminator tab.

bcp X.dbo.Y" in c:\temp\test.txt -c

-q -t "$" -r "" -T -S [servername\instancename] -U test -p test

I am getting following error

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 17

Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist o

r access denied.

SQLState = 01000, NativeError = 2

Warning = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()

).

could you please anybody let me know what is the problem here.Is I don't have acess to the server.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sree

Thanks,
    SR

• Try a capital -P for the password argument.

And then again, I might be wrong ...
    David Webb

• Thanks for your response david.

I typed capital but that doen't make any difference.

getting same error.

Thanks,

Sree

Thanks,
    SR

• Hi,

try this with no use name and password.

bcp X.dbo.Y" in c:\temp\test.txt -c

-q -t "$" -r -"" -T -S [servername\instancename] -U -P

this may help u

from

killer

• You either use trusted connection -T or SQL server login (-U and -P). So try either

bcp X.dbo.Y in c:\temp\test.txt -c -q -t "$" -r "" -T -S [servername\instancename]

or

bcp X.dbo.Y in c:\temp\test.txt -c -q -t "$" -r "" -S [servername\instancename] -U"test" -P"test"

For trusted connection, make sure the windows account you are using can access the SQL server.

• Try removing the square brackets [] from the server/instance, these have a different meaning/usage in a DOS command shell than what SQL Server uses them for.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply