Prob with Global Temp Table in Execute SQl Task - between two different Servers

• Hi,

I am having an issue with Global Temp Table between SQL server & MySQL in Execute SQL Task. Here I am using SQL server as my source connection & at the destination ,connected to MySQL. using two Execute SQL tasks.

so to transfer the results between them I plan to use a Global Temp Table (that is not working because of two diff. connections/servers)...can any one help me out...thank full if any one have a better solution.

• A Global Temp Table is only global to the SQL Server instance it is created on, not to the entire globe.

It is called a Global Temp Table because it is accessible by multiple users. A standard temp table is only accessible by the process that created it.

If you want your data to exist on both SQL Server and MySQL you will have to set up some form of replication.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Hi

dont think a global temp table will work here . How ever you can take data from SQL and put it in text file and from the text file put it into MYSQL.

"Keep Trying"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply