Printing Labels on a Dymo printer from SSRS

• We are trying to replace an old legacy system with an in-house VBA application built in MS Access using SQL Server 2005 as the back end and using Reporting Services for our reports. One requirement we have is to print labels for some of our products. We purchased a Dymo LW400 printer and labels and developed a report using the dimensions of the label. The label report looks great on screen but when you print to the label printer the output is so small you can barely read it.

We've contacted Dymo and all they say is that they don't support 3rd party apps and can't help.

Has anyone out there had any experience printing labels from SSRS to a Dymo printer? Any other label printer??

We are getting close to going live with the new system and really need to figure this out. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ron

• I can't really help with using SSRS with a dymo, but since it's a VB app I'm guessing you mean VB forms and not WebForms? If it's a winforms app, have you thought about creating/modifying the dymo Word addin to create your labels? perhaps you could look at doing a mail merge from SQL to Word that automagically prints to the dymo printer?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Luke -- I've made a correction to my original post. The application is actually built in Access using Access forms and VBA code behind them. The label report is for a single label and it opens in an Access WebForm.

Ron

• So I guess my question still applies, possibly moreso no. Instead of lauchign the Access report, why not open up a word template that you populate with the address info and print directly to the dymo? You could do the data import, and print all from a macro that gets called when you open the template...

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• or you could play with the format in your access report a bit. If it prints really small have you tried to increase the font size etc?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply