Print different report based on logic

• I have a question that hopefully someone has done and or been asked to do.

I have been asked to create a report for Renewals that if the person is in the middle of their renewal cycle 2.5 years. I need to print the renewal form followed by their Transcript. We have both reports created just not sure how to go about putting the logic in and throwing that at the server. based on everything. We have 27 different member types and they only want 1 class for this and the SP's and Reports print out everything (I mean everything is mixed together) nothing like a single class, it's mixed.

Thought anyone? I'm open. Only 2 languages I know are Python and SQL so can't use any C, Java, Javascript....etc

:crazy:

• Hi,

1 Are you using one report to gather parameters which are passed to other reports?

or

2 Do you want to call specific reports programmatically with specific parameters?

You can call an SSRS report by executing its URL.

This can be achieved by calling xp_Cmdshell and opening your default browser with the URL.

You could then switch reports in the stored procedure after determining the status of the contract.

Cheers

Jamie

We are the pilgrims, master.
    We shall go always, a little further.
  • No, what they are wanting to do is print transcripts for members that are 1/2 through their certification cycle. so if it's a 4 year certification they want to show them their transcript at the 2 year mark but not until then. so it will go back and forth between two different reports based on some logic. Could use parameter if need be.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply