Posted from SSIS 2005 Forum, on tight deadline need help.

• I have a SSIS 2005 package that moves .xls files from one directory to and archive folder. This works perfect, but I now need to include .txt files to this package. I cannot simply use the *.* experssion, as there will be other file formats that should not be archived. I am having issues with this. Any help would be appreciated.

In the Collection properties of the Loop editor I have tried the following...

*.xls|*.txt

*.xls*,*.txt*

*.xls,.txt

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. --Mike Tyson

• This solution might help you on what you need.

http://beyondrelational.com/modules/2/blogs/106/posts/11123/ssisdynamically-set-file-mask-filespec.aspx

Another quick option would be to use one ForEach Loop for each extension (more work, but easier).

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Easiest option is to add a FileSystemTask for each file type you need to process.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• and if you drop them both into a sequence container within the For Each Folder loop then you can process them in parallel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply