Populating data from two oledb sources

• Hello Friends,

Is it possible to populate data from two different ole db sources and into a single ole db destination ?

I need to achieve the following-

Write to a table in the oledb destination (in data flow task) from two different tables (ole db sources).

I tried to do it by creating two data flow tasks but did not get the desired result as the resulting table did not display data for some of the columns.

And by creating 2 ole db sources and 1 oledb desination in a single data flow task, it gives an error if i try to make a connection from both the oledb sources to the oledb destination.

Could someone please tell me what is the best way to accomplish this ?

Kind Regards,

Paul

• pwalter83 (1/6/2011)

Hello Friends,

Is it possible to populate data from two different ole db sources and into a single ole db destination ?

I need to achieve the following-

Write to a table in the oledb destination (in data flow task) from two different tables (ole db sources).

I tried to do it by creating two data flow tasks but did not get the desired result as the resulting table did not display data for some of the columns.

And by creating 2 ole db sources and 1 oledb desination in a single data flow task, it gives an error if i try to make a connection from both the oledb sources to the oledb destination.

Could someone please tell me what is the best way to accomplish this ?

Kind Regards,

Paul

Use the UNION component in your dataflow to combine the data of two identical sources.

Use the MERGE JOIN to combine the two sources into one (similar to a join in SQL). Beware that your input has to be sorted to use the MERGE JOIN.

If you don't have to do extra transformations, you can just write a TSQL statement in an Execute SQL Task that does all the same things.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply