please help ... goods price list query

• my current sql query :

SELECT     GdsSellPriceDet.GdsCode, Gds.GdsName, Gds.CcyCode, Gds.UnitCode, GdsSellPriceDet.CustGroupCode, CustomerGroup.CustGroupName,

GdsSellPriceDet.DefaultSellPrice

FROM         GdsSellPriceDet LEFT OUTER JOIN

CustomerGroup ON GdsSellPriceDet.CustGroupCode = CustomerGroup.CustGroupCode LEFT OUTER JOIN

Gds ON GdsSellPriceDet.GdsCode = Gds.GdsCode

and the result is :

GdsCode        GdsName      CcyCode      UnitCode     CustGroupCode    CustGroupName    SellPrice

AAA              GOODS AAA   USD            UNIT          RTL                    RETAIL                1.7

AAA              GOODS AAA   USD            UNIT          WHO                  WHOLESALE          1.5

BBB               GOODS BBB   USD             UNIT         RTL                    RETAIL                 1.8

BBB               GOODS BBB   USD             UNIT         WHO                  WHOLESALE           1.8

CCC              GOODS CCC   USD            UNIT          RTL                   RETAIL                  2.1

CCC              GOODS CCC   USD            UNIT          MOD                 MODERN MARKET     2.1

CCC              GOODS CCC   USD            UNIT          WHO                 WHOLESALE            2.0

the result i need is below :

GdsCode        GdsName      CcyCode      UnitCode     CustGroupCode    CustGroupName    SellPrice

AAA              GOODS AAA   USD            UNIT          RTL                    RETAIL                1.7

AAA              GOODS AAA   USD            UNIT          WHO                  WHOLESALE          1.5

BBB               GOODS BBB   USD             UNIT         RTL                    RETAIL                 1.8

CCC              GOODS CCC   USD            UNIT          RTL                   RETAIL                  2.1

CCC              GOODS CCC   USD            UNIT          WHO                 WHOLESALE            2.0

the query i need : if a goods code has 3 records with 2 of them have the same price, the second record with th same price will be skipped ( like the example above ).

i need some advice, would you help me to solve this case ?

thanks alot for your help.....

rom beng

• what is your primary key?and what is the order of priority on the CustGrpCode when dropping one of the duplicated rows.

can u post your tables ddl?

Everything you can imagine is real.

• So why did one of the BBB rows go away?  BBB only had two rows...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• to mr jeff moden,

yes, 1 of BBB records will not be included in the new result because has the same price with the other BBB row on purpose to save paper if it is printed.

the current query i mentioned is the normal query, and i want only rows with difference price viewed in the new result.

sorry, i hope you'll understand my english, my english not so good and understand what i mean.

please, any suggestion ? thanks in advance

rom beng

• to mr bledu,

the priority is the first record found using different price will be viewed in the new result.

in the purposed result, the second BBB record will not be included because has same price with previous BBB shown.

anu suggestion ? please help and thanks alot....

below the table definition :

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[GdsSellPriceDet]    Script Date: 8/3/07 3:06:35 PM ******/

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[GdsSellPriceDet] (

[GdsCode] [nvarchar] (20) NOT NULL ,

[CustGroupCode] [nvarchar] (3) NOT NULL ,

[DefaultSellPrice] [decimal](18, 2) NULL

) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[Gds]    Script Date: 8/3/07 3:06:35 PM ******/

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Gds] (

[GdsCode] [nvarchar] (20) NOT NULL ,

[GdsName] [nvarchar] (100) NULL ,

[BrandCode] [nvarchar] (3) NULL ,

[GdsGroupCode] [nvarchar] (3) NULL ,

[CcyCode] [nvarchar] (3) NULL ,

[UnitCode] [nvarchar] (4) NULL ,

[LastUpdate] [datetime] NULL ,

[UserID] [nvarchar] (10) NULL

) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[CustomerGroup]    Script Date: 8/3/07 3:06:33 PM ******/

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[CustomerGroup] (

[CustGroupCode] [nvarchar] (3) NOT NULL ,

[CustGroupName] [nvarchar] (50) NULL ,

[LastUpdate] [datetime] NULL ,

[UserID] [nvarchar] (10) NULL

) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

CREATE  UNIQUE  CLUSTERED  INDEX [i_Gds] ON [dbo].[Gds]([GdsCode]) WITH  FILLFACTOR = 90 ON [PRIMARY]

GO

CREATE  UNIQUE  CLUSTERED  INDEX [i_GdsSellPriceDet] ON [dbo].[GdsSellPriceDet]([GdsCode], [CustGroupCode]) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

CREATE  UNIQUE  CLUSTERED  INDEX [i_CustomerGroup] ON [dbo].[CustomerGroup]([CustGroupCode]) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

• Can you define which row to be considered "first"?

There is no natural physical order of rows in tables.

• Rom Beng,

Something like this should do it for you... read the embedded comments for an explanation, please... I did not use your given table structures... this is all based on the data from your first post... if you were to use your first query to populate a temp table similar to that below, you'll be done.

--=======================================================================================

--     Setup and populate a test table.

--     NOTE THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION IS PART OF THE SOLUTION. IT'S FOR DEMO ONLY!.

--=======================================================================================

--DROP TABLE #GdsSellPriceDet

--===== Create a test table to run with

CREATE TABLE #GdsSellPriceDet

(

GdsCode       VARCHAR( 5),

GdsName       VARCHAR(10),

CcyCode       VARCHAR( 5),

UnitCode      VARCHAR( 5),

CustGroupCode VARCHAR( 5),

CustGroupName VARCHAR(20),

SellPrice     DECIMAL(9,1) --Precision of 1 to 9 always takes 5 bytes

)

--===== Populate the test table with the given data

INSERT INTO #GdsSellPriceDet

(GdsCode, GdsName, CcyCode, UnitCode, CustGroupCode, CustGroupName, SellPrice)

SELECT 'AAA','GOODS AAA','USD','UNIT','RTL','RETAIL'       ,'1.7' UNION ALL

SELECT 'AAA','GOODS AAA','USD','UNIT','WHO','WHOLESALE'    ,'1.5' UNION ALL

SELECT 'BBB','GOODS BBB','USD','UNIT','RTL','RETAIL'       ,'1.8' UNION ALL

SELECT 'BBB','GOODS BBB','USD','UNIT','WHO','WHOLESALE'    ,'1.8' UNION ALL

SELECT 'CCC','GOODS CCC','USD','UNIT','RTL','RETAIL'       ,'2.1' UNION ALL

SELECT 'CCC','GOODS CCC','USD','UNIT','MOD','MODERN MARKET','2.1' UNION ALL

SELECT 'CCC','GOODS CCC','USD','UNIT','WHO','WHOLESALE'    ,'2.0'

--      Demo the solution for the given data.

--      In the absence of all other information (like what the PK is), it is assumed

--      that the following columns are sufficient for identifying unique rows...

--      GdsCode, CcyCode, UnitCode, CustGroupCode

--

--      Note, too, that the "dupes" are selected in alpha order according to the

--      CustGroupCode.  This means that the precise row you wanted suppressed for CCC is

--      has been replaced by a different row.  Again, in the absense of all other info,

--      this is about the best that can be done.

SELECT t3.*

FROM #GdsSellPriceDet t3

LEFT OUTER JOIN

(--==== Derived table "d" finds "dupes" to NOT be shown (alpha order on CustGroupCode)

SELECT t2.GdsCode,t2.CcyCode,t2.UnitCode,t2.CustGroupCode

FROM #GdsSellPriceDet t1,

#GdsSellPriceDet t2

WHERE t2.GdsCode       = t1.GdsCode

AND t2.CcyCode       = t1.CcyCode

AND t2.UnitCode      = t1.UnitCode

AND t2.SellPrice     = t1.SellPrice

AND t2.CustGroupCode > t1.CustGroupCode

)d

ON t3.GdsCode       = d.GdsCode

AND t3.CcyCode       = d.CcyCode

AND t3.UnitCode      = d.UnitCode

AND t3.CustGroupCode = d.CustGroupCode

WHERE d.GdsCode IS NULL

ORDER BY t3.GdsCode, t3.CcyCode, t3.UnitCode, t3.CustGroupCode

If you have SQL Server 2005, you could use your original query as a CTE for the above solution.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• P.S.  If you do decide to go the temp table route as I suggested, then adding the appropriate indexes and a primary key on the temp table may help speed things up a bit, but it's going to be pretty fast as is and I don't think you'll be able to get any Index SEEKs out of it.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Jeff,

It seems you overcomplicated the last query.

This returns the same result:

SELECT t1.*

FROM #GdsSellPriceDet t1

LEFT JOIN #GdsSellPriceDet t2

ON t2.GdsCode = t1.GdsCode

AND t2.CcyCode = t1.CcyCode

AND t2.UnitCode = t1.UnitCode

AND t2.SellPrice = t1.SellPrice

AND t2.CustGroupCode < t1.CustGroupCode

WHERE t2.GdsCode IS NULL

And again,

you (and me after you ) assume that "first" means "having minimal CustGroupCode".

No evidence it's true.

• Boy, I'll say... dunno why I made the dupe check separate... must've been that old donut I ate this morning 

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• > must've been that old donut I ate this morning

Mmmmm... Dooonut...

• to mr jeff moden and mr serqiy,

i already combined your suggestions and the result was very good, met my requirement about saving papers.

i considered my case is solved, thank you very much for all your help and attention.

thanks again....

rom beng

• Thanks for the feedback, Rom.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• If the purpose was to save paper, why not do a sort of pivot query and put all the prices for each line item on a seperate line?

• Heh... or concatenate the groups on a single line?

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply