Please Help !!!!

• Dear friends,

Iam new to this forum.My name is Srikanth.At present i want your help regarding sql server 2005.how can i complete my course successfully?

can you tell me the learning way and which books are good for beginners?

Awaiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

• HI Srikanth ,

where are you from ? You have any knowledge on SQL ?

• At present iam in hyderabad.I was completed my sql server dba course in one of the worst institute in hyderabad.

Please provide me the learning material or books for sql server 2005 DBA from basic concepts to advance concepts if you had those materials.

My email id is sqldba2k8@gmail.com

Thanks,

Srikanth.

• sqldba2k8 (10/15/2011)

At present iam in hyderabad.I was completed my sql server dba course in one of the worst institute in hyderabad.

Please provide me the learning material or books for sql server 2005 DBA from basic concepts to advance concepts if you had those materials.

My email id is xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Thanks,

Srikanth.

First, if there are recommendations to be3 made, they should be made on this post and NOT by personal email so that others may learn, as well.

Second, you should never post your email address in clear text like that because every screen-scraping "bot" in the world will pick up on it.

For the rest of it, I recommend you get on the Microsoft Website and check for some decent training recommendations, there.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• One book I recommend: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/books/67441/

It's not really a technical SQL Server book, but it's a great free book that gives advice on mindset, training, etc.

• hi srikanth this is feroz even i had my course from hydrebad right now i am working upon sql dba at chennai as

a fresher u can go through MIND Q SYSTEMS guide sqlserver dba and u can mail me for further help my email id

shaik@rsi.ramco.com

• Please stop your Hyderbad experience, posting here..

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• sqldba2k8 (10/15/2011)

I was completed my sql server dba course in one of the worst institute in hyderabad.

Trust me - you really don't want this statement to be public and available to all prospective employers.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • Well at least he's honest and wants to learn. That says a lot about him :-).

• Hey Jeff, actually "xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" is a real mail :-D.

I guess we're running out of those too!

• Ninja's_RGR'us (10/27/2011)

Hey Jeff, actually "xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" is a real mail :-D.

BWAA-HAAA!!!! Seriously? That's just unbelievable. What will someone think of next? 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (10/27/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (10/27/2011)

Hey Jeff, actually "xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" is a real mail :-D.

BWAA-HAAA!!!! Seriously? That's just unbelievable. What will someone think of next? 😀

SELECT

REPLICATE('X' , N) + '@gmail.com' AS SpamMeThis

FROM

dbo.Tally

WHERE

N <= 255

Now you could also cross apply to a few more hot* mail services and repeat the process :hehe:.

• Besides the many books out there I would recommend BOL (Books Online) for SQL 2005 as well: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130214(v=sql.90).aspx

It's a great resource with plenty of examples to work with and it will get you into the habit of using BOL.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply