plase help me

• hi all

my database is crashed suddenly, now i want add my mdf and ldf file using power shell plz help me!!

--------------------------------------------------------

I am Learner -- SQL

• Even if you attach the mdf and ldf file using PowerShell, it will attach the files which actually crashed....right??

Shouldn't you be looking at other options like restoring a backup of the database?...

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

• Forget powershell. It's irrelevant.

Please define 'crash'. Exactly what happened? Exactly what state are things now?

Do you have a backup?

Do you have the mdf and ldf files?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • i have only MDF and LDF files.

I am Learner -- SQL

• selvakumar.sms (4/23/2012)

i have only MDF and LDF files.

By avoiding Gail's questions you are making your own questions more difficult to answer. Please reread her post and then provide the requested information.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• GilaMonster (4/23/2012)

Please define 'crash'. Exactly what happened? Exactly what state are things now?

No backup? Seriously you have no backup? I'm going to assume, since there's no backup, that the DB isn't very important.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • You still haven't told us what you mean by "Crash"

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

• thanks alot

finally i attached mdf and ldf using sp_attach_db procedure.

I am Learner -- SQL

• You are magician 😉

Online Trainer For SQL DBA and Developer @RedBushTechnologies with 18 yrs exp.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply