Placing Checkpoints in data flow

• Hi,,

Is it possible to place checkpoints in dataflow in ssis?

I mean suppose i am trasferring 10 million rows..in fact table..and in middle of the run the package stops and now i want to make sure that the data that is tranferred is not added again to the final fact table...

suppose in first run 5 million were trransferred and then..in RERUN it shud start transferring from 5million +1 records....

the job will commit as I have TRY..CATCH logic...so tellme if there is a posiibility to place a check point on data flow..

any help is appreciated..

Even if there is sum other way to do the same thing pls tell me

Thanks in Advance..!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• No.

That is why you execute queries in a transaction. Either Everything or Nothing. ACID.

You _could_ do it via a script component but that would be very very slow.

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

• I cannot execute in transaction..

its like loading and cathing error and coming out..

I want to know how can i make sure tht if I start the same job again it will start from that point data flow

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• You cannot.

Checkpoint files restart from a certain task. A dataflow is a task. You cannot restart from point withing the dataflow. Think how much custom logic that would require.

If you really have to, you would have to build your own logic with conditional splits etc. Far to much work.

Use a transaction over the task.

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply