pivot table

• I use a pivot table in a page .htm

This pivot table has a cube of analysis services as datasource.Below the code:

ConnectionString:

Provider=MSOLAP.2;

Persist Security Info=True;

Data Source=servername;

Initial Catalog=prv;

Client Cache Size=25;

Integrated Security= SSPI

In Analysis Services I put Everyone in Manage Roles.

It's ok, I published this page on a website (intranet) and I see it when I access the site from the server. If I try to access it from another PC (the same workgroup) an error occured inside the pivot table:impossible to do the query or the database doesn't exist....This error is the same with the error that occures when you are not authorized to see a cube of analysis services...

I also put "SSPI=anonymous" instead "Integrated Security= SSPI" and in Internet Information Services I enabled anonymous access, but I have a similar error.

How can I do to see the pivot table from the other computer of the same workgroup? I didn't have any problem when I used a domain, but with the workgroup is different.....Thanks

• Try to add the user: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON.

Also, you could try to create a local user with the same credentials as the user logged on the client pc.

• Hi antonela,

Analysis Services needs Windows Authentification to work. When accessing cubes with excel basic authentification is used. This means that simply the user and the password of the current loggod on user are sent to the server. If you are in a Domain and the user has the appropriate permissions on the cube there is no problem.

But if you have no domain what seems to be the case in your environment you have to follow mdaniels proposal

"you could try to create a local user with the same credentials as the user logged on the client pc."

This works.

Best regards,

Stefan

Kindest Regards,

SK

• I knew this solution but I wanted to avoid to create a local user with the same credentials as the user logged on the client pc, because there are a lot of users....

I solved in another mode....And this functions properly...

In secpol.msc -> local-> security-> it's enough to set Account Guest as Enable.....It could be useful for you, too....

Bye...

• Hi Antonela,

it works but what about security? Do you want to allow anyone to see the data in the cubes? Don't you have different groups of users with different permissions to see data?

Just wondering.

Stefan

Kindest Regards,

SK

• Not only the cube/data security, but allowing the guest account on the OS could mean that any directories not adequately secured (via NTFS) could accessed by any connected user - e.g. if anyone had pt hardcoded connectionstrings in to files in these directories, then those passwords could be compromised.

Steve.

• Yes, in this case I want to allow every user to see the data in the cubes (without different permissions)....

• I'd definitely try out mdaniels suggestion then of using the anonymous user through IIS.  ie. set the virtual directory to accept anonymous connections, then in AS give the anonymous user access to the OLAP DB and the cube/dimensions within.  By doing this you've only exposed the contents of the virtual directory and the single AS database to non-authenticated users - using the Guest account potentially exposes a lot more to these same users.

Steve.

• Dear all,

I had created few cubes with the impersonate as default. Iam accessing  the cube through the webservice .i had created the webservice in normal folder ie not in Virtual directory while excecuting the webservice i can fetch all the data from the cube.But when i created the setup for webservice and installed in IIS  .the webservice works fine .but it bring only the header of cube.not the data.

the same is case when iam call the data using ADO MD.net

Thanks in advance.

struggleing from past 2 weeks

Ravi..

• Hi Ravi,

From what you've written it sounds like you've created a web service (assuming .net) to query your cube(s).  If so, you will most likely need to set the permissions on the virtual directory (assuming your installer creates one) to be windows integrated *or* withion each AS database, provide permission to the servers anonymous user (not preferred).  If you take the first option then the assumption is that you've coded in such as way to impersonate the caller (ie the windows account that connected to the IIS server).  Again, it assumes that your AS and IIS are on the same machine, if not you'll need to code to cater for multi-hop (ie server 1 [iis] can't pass your credentials to server 2 [AS], therefore AS denies access).  Don't forget to add the individual users to each AS database to enable them read access to the cube(s).

Steve.

• Hi steve,

thanks for reply.i had given the permission to  all user,internet user in the virtual directotry even then iam geting the same header.

i think the prob is behind the cube .also i had tested the same code in another m/c i got the same prob.

in both case the server,webservice cubes in same pc

pC windows server 2003 ;analysis server sql2005

Iam sendin the code.

[

WebMethod]

public string InitializePivotTableXML(string cubename)

{

string m_xml;

try

{

PivotTableClass ptable = new PivotTableClass();

ptable.ConnectionString =

ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["sdmsconn"].ToString();

ptable.DataMember = cubename;

m_xml = ptable.XMLData;

ptable =

null;

//CubeCollection dff;

}

catch (Exception e)

{

m_xml = e.ToString();

return m_xml;

}

return m_xml;

}

connection str:

Provider=MSOLAP;Data Source=10.44.15.112;Initial Catalog=CUBES;

"/>

Ravi..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply