Permissions granted to user are insufficient for performing this operation

• Hi,

ReportingServices has been working fine for some time now.

However yesterday I added a user to view some reports on our datawarehouse and whenever he attempts to look at this folder he gets the message.

The permissions granted to user [username] are insufficient for performing this operation (rsAccessDenied)

He can still access his old folders with no problem.

I have checked the server settings and allow annonymous access is unchecked.

No useful logs in event manager on the server.

Thanks

• DemonicKat78 (8/6/2010)

Hi,

ReportingServices has been working fine for some time now.

However yesterday I added a user to view some reports on our datawarehouse and whenever he attempts to look at this folder he gets the message.

The permissions granted to user [username] are insufficient for performing this operation (rsAccessDenied)

He can still access his old folders with no problem.

I have checked the server settings and allow annonymous access is unchecked.

No useful logs in event manager on the server.

Thanks

Case 1. The new folder he cannot access is a child folder of the folder he does have access to, and the inherit security settings are set to off.

In this case a user with admin rights must go to the folder, properties tab, go to security, and either add the user, or click on restore inheriting. (wording may vary)

Case 2. The new folder is not a child folder.

In this case the rights must be added manually, as above.

You could also go to the properties --> Security of the folder he does have access to and look for him or a group he belongs to, and add the same to the folder that will not accept him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply