Parent Package not continuing after Child Pkg called and completed

• I have a package that runs some script tasks then calls another pkg based on constraits, the child package is called and executed fine but the rest of the parent package is not executed.

I have another package similar, I copied it and made the necessary changes but still the same issue.

The next step is execute sql task and all that is in there is exec a stored procedure, I even deleted the sql task and did new and still nothing. The package isn't failing either just says running??

Thanks!

:w00t:

• If the succeeding task is not getting fired that simply means there is some problem with your precedence constraint. Crosscheck your precedence constraint.

Attach your package image (just to have a look how you 're connecting stuff) if possible so that we can let you know in case of any precedence issue.

• The task is fired that calls the other package its when the other package is finished it doesn't continue to the next task in the main package, I have a basic constraint from the that next to the next which is "Success" and the other package is successful.

• I agree - a jpg image of the package control flow screen might be helpful.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Your right it would and here it is.

I figured out the issue, even though I had a constrait after each Executed Package to move onto the next step, SSIS viewed this as "multiple constraits" and the default is "Logical AND." and I changed it "Logical OR." on one and it did it for both (highlighted SHOULD BE sections).

Because what I noticed if there were files in both 35 and 38 folders the parent package would continue after both child packages ran but if there were files in just one folder and that child package ran the parent package would not continue.

Thanks, focusing on the contraints helped.

• Ah yes, seen that one many times - well done on figuring out the answer. As the flow can go down either (but not both) paths, each of those constraints needs to be a logical Or.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply