Parameters are not being passed to linked report

• In SSRS I try to link one report to another but the passing of parameters does fail.

Report B has two parameters xb and yb both string type. When I use it stand alone the dropdown boxes are populated properly and all is fine.

Report A contains a link from a tablix textbox to Report B. The textbox action is set to link to a report, the report is selected and I have added both parameters with the corresponding values xa and ya. (To debug whether I chose the right fields I added a tooltip to the textbox that shows Fields!xa.Value + " " + Fields!ya.Value and the values are the correct ones). When I click the textbox Report B opens but the dropdown boxes just request to chose a value and doesn't even use the default value.

Can you please help me?

• Now I found out that Report B accepts the parameters only as fully qualified MDX member names like "[Time].[Quarter].&[Q1 2007]" and that the first report passes only "Q1 2007". Of course I can build a expression to get the member name, but is there a more "friendly" way to pass the values?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply