Package runs on SSIS server, but explodes on SQL Server

• I'm trying to find out what I'm doing incorrectly. What I'd like to see is what I should be doing as far as scheduling a package to run every night.

I've used the deploy utility to push my package onto the SSIS Package store. I have the DataDirect odbc connections set up on the SQL Server box and all I want to do is run the package at 3am every night. Every time I try to test it, I get different errors.

The latest of which is "The product level is insufficient for component "DataReader Source""

What should I be doing as far as deploying it? I have the protection level set to "DontSaveSensitive", but wouldn't that blow away the passwords I would need? And if so, how do I make sure the job runs with the passwords?

Please help, I feel like I'm drowning in SSIS hell 🙂

• Are the different boxes on the same service pack? Are you doing 32-bit and then moving to a 64-bit?

• UPDATE - yeah, they both have XP svc pack 2 and SQL Service pack 2.

hi,

thought that might be an issue, but they're all 32bit, thankfully. I am going to check on the service packs tho.

M@

Jack Corbett (2/9/2009)

Are the different boxes on the same service pack? Are you doing 32-bit and then moving to a 64-bit?

• In XP you may be running the developer edition for development which used features not in Standard but you are deploying to Standard. And you need an instance of SSIS running in XP for you to run the package from XP. Check below for details.

http://blogs.msdn.com/michen/archive/2006/11/11/ssis-product-level-is-insufficient.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply