Output to Oracle Server

• I have an oracle server that is being used as the final destination for data being fed through SSIS and SQL server. My problem is inserting data into the Oracle server takes an extraordinary amount of time. e.g. 4000 rows in 90 minutes...!

I am using an OLE DB Destination (no linked server) to join to the oracle server, but am conerned that the data transfer is sssoooooooo slow... Is there anything special that I should watch out for on the connection properties, or any special switches I should use?

Thx

• Jason Coleman (8/18/2009)

I have an oracle server that is being used as the final destination for data being fed through SSIS and SQL server. My problem is inserting data into the Oracle server takes an extraordinary amount of time. e.g. 4000 rows in 90 minutes...!

I am using an OLE DB Destination (no linked server) to join to the oracle server, but am conerned that the data transfer is sssoooooooo slow... Is there anything special that I should watch out for on the connection properties, or any special switches I should use?

Thx

Hi Jason,

There is no way to improve the insertion speed with OLEDB Destination because for each processed row, there is a separate INSERT INTO sql statement executed. You can check CozyRoc's Oracle Destination component, which uses Oracle bulk load API to load data 10x-30x faster.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply