Out of Sync in Log Shipping

• Hi,

I'm testing the Log Shipping and set the transaction log backup to every hour.  I've created a temporary table and run a script to insert number of rows with time delays in order to simulate real transactions insert. When I finished setting up the Log Shipping, I found out that the status on the Log Shipping Monitor was set to 'Out of Sync'. I've checked the table where I'm running the script and found out that there were no rows missing on the secondary server.  Then I check on the Secondary Server Log Shipping History and found out that there is a failure on Loading one of the transaction log with the following message: "The log in this backup set terminates at LSN 6000000025000001, which is too early to apply to the database. A more recent log backup that includes LSN 8000000009000001 can be restored." Since I'm confident that all the rows on the temporary table were consistent between the primary server and secondary server, how will I set the status to "In Sync"?  Is there also another way to prevent this error in future?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I know this is WAY old. But is might help someone else.

When you are setting up log shipping, make sure that you do not have any transaction log backups running on the primary database. This will cause the problem shown above.

I usually get everything entered in the wizard. Then before I click the button to start actually setting it up, I disable the existing transaction log backup job.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply