Other editions of SQL Server for report data sources not supported ?

• I just installed an evaluation version of SQL 2005.  I am most interested in the reporting services.  I need to use reporting services to connect to a SQL 2000 database in another office (they are running Standard edtion SQL 2000).  I was going along smoothly, until I ran into the "Configuring Report Services".   This is the error message I am getting when trying to configure the DataBase Setup.  All of the other choices for setting up Server status, virtual directory's, etc. worked fine.

Error Message:

Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database” is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services

• Jim,

I am not sure what you were trying but i did a 2005 install in a dev box similar to the 2000 reporting services install.I did not configure anything during setup just kept all everything local.

Then i build some test 2005 reports.In this reports i created  shared datasources to a 2000 production box and created a report.I did a report model and its working too.I will have a production 05 in a week so this was done on the dev box .

So a datasource can be any odbc source[oracle,access etc] .But it needs a 2005 sqlserver installation to install 2005 reporting services , report and reportserver databases .

hopefully this was helpful

satz

• I have the exact same error message.  Mine started when RS crashed.  I uninstalled RS and re-installed from the command prompt using "setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1" command.  Re-booted the box to complete the setup and still get the error message.  I'm stuck!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply