OS error 3 when invoking merge synchronization

• I use merge replication in my database and I tried to add one article, today. I used Enterprise manager where I added it and them I made a new snapshot for this publication without problem.

Then I tried to make merge synchronization and I got the following error:

Initializing

Connecting to Publisher 'W2KDELL\SQL2000'

Retrieving publication information

Retrieving subscription information

The subscription has been marked for reinitialization. Reinitialization will occur the next time you synchronize this subscription.

The schema script 'c:\MSSQL$SQL2000\REPLDATA\unc\W2KDELL$SQL2000_mdk_MDK_MATICNI\20021119085622\snapshot.pre' could not be propagated to the subscriber.

The process could not read file 'c:\MSSQL$SQL2000\REPLDATA\unc\W2KDELL$SQL2000_mdk_MDK_MATICNI\20021119085622\snapshot.pre' due to OS error 3.

I use my own VB program where I use SQLMERGXLib.SQLMerge object. In it, I set security mode for distributor, subscriber and publisher to NT_AUTHENTICATION. The same object in the same environment works without problem, when I create a new subscription with invoking method AddSubscription. In this case snapshot files are in the same directory as above. I also haven’t problems with normal merge synchronization with this program even when I add a column to existing article.

I checked all permissions adn sharing to this folder and I haven’t problem to copying files from it with Explorer (I use the same security in both cases)

I ask, if somebody know how I can find out what the reason of this problem is. Is it possible to get more detailed information from merge replication or not? Which security account is used by this merge object? What other things I have to check, also?

Thank for any suggestion.

Regards, Anton

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I think you can add some logging as a parameter to the merge agent. Also found a reference to Q318592 you might want to look at.

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply