Optionally passing parameters from drill-down to sub report

• I have a report that has a matrix drill-down, and a subreport that accepts parameters from the columns and rows of this drill-down.

So for example, I have rows A, B, C and columns D, E, where A->B->C and D->E is the drill down.

My subreport accepts parameters for A, B, C, D, E where I'm setting them as:

Parameter Name is A (the parameter name in the subreport) and Paramter Value is =Parameters!A.Value

etc

However, when I click the link to jump the subreport, the parameters always set the C and E values in the drill down, regardless of how far down I've drilled into the matrix. If I've only drilled down to the B level row, in my example, how do I set it such that children of B, which would be C in my example, is not passed and is NULL in the sub report.

Hope that makes sense.

What I was thinking is that rather than passing the Parameters!A.Value, I can pass an IIF expression instead.

Something like:

=IIF(groupname.visible, Parameters!A.Value,NULL)

or

=IIF(fields!a.value is nothing, nothing, fields!a.value)

However, there's no function for visible for the group name or text box, but maybe something similar can be done or hopefully there's just a more simple way to do it that I don't know about.

Thanks!

• bump

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply