optimizing sql server for concurrent querries

• Today when I tried to create new database and add login through EM I was shocked that it was taking more than half an our to open.I checked event viewer and got the following informational message.

This SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent queries. This limit has been exceeded by 52 queries and performance may be adversely affected.

I discovered that this problem has arised due to personal edition of sql server.

Now the situation is this server has 90 databases and all are live.I cant do the migration to enterprise edition as it will give down time.Now I am wondering how to optimize personal edition for atleast 300 concurrent queries

• Can't you just move the most active db(s) to a new server... downtime would be minimal if you move less stuff.

• Now I am wondering how to optimize personal edition for atleast 300 concurrent queries

You can't. The 'optimization' for 8 concurrent queries is not some specific confugration that you can change, in fact it is not an optimization at all but instead a limit built in so people cannot use the cheaper license. Having 90 databases on a personal edition machine is something I would take as a sign to migrate to std or ent ed as quickly as possible.

If you cannot afford downtime then that should be even more evidence that you need to plan and implement the migration as soon as possible.

• Microsoft don't state that there is a an upgrade path to std/enterprise edition from personal, however from past experience i can confirm that you can upgrde.

this should minimise your downtime. unless the sever is not running the correct o/s

also you could try upgrading this machine to developer edition, but then you would be in breach of the EULA if it's used in production

MVDBA

• I need help on this mystery bug too.   I get the following error:

"This SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent queries. This limit has been exceeded by 1 queries and performance may be adversely affected."

The mystery is this, I'm not even using SQL Server~!  All my websites are using MS Access if anything at all.

WTF is wrong?  Any ideas?

• May I suggest you start a new thread for this question as it'll give you greater exposure?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply