openquery and inserting into a tiemstamp column

• Here is my sql

insert into dbo.PayerContracts (PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass, timestamp)

select * from OPENQUERY(ATLADS07PCM,'select PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass, NULL from stlukes.dbo.PayerContracts')

go

I get the following error message:

Server: Msg 273, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Cannot insert a non-null value into a timestamp column. Use INSERT with a column list or with a default of NULL for the timestamp column.

I've also tried this:

insert into dbo.PayerContracts (PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass, timestamp)

select *, NULL from OPENQUERY(ATLADS07PCM,'select PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass from stlukes.dbo.PayerContracts')

go

And got this error message:

Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ]

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

Any idea! I am flummoxed! I've also tried putting null in my openquery select statement to no avail.

always get a backup before you try that.

• Just skip mentioning the timestamp column in both the INSERT and the embedded OPENQUERY. I'm thinking that will fix the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• meaning:

insert into dbo.PayerContracts (PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID,

Effective, Termination, InsuranceType,

Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo,

EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID,

FinClass)

select *

from

OPENQUERY(ATLADS07PCM,'select PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID,

Effective, Termination, InsuranceType,

Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo,

EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID,

FinClass

from stlukes.dbo.PayerContracts')

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• I've been meaning to come back and post my solution but never got around to it.

I couldn't get the previous suggestions to work.

So.

I inserted the data into a temp table in my target database and then inserted the data from the temp table to the permanent table by using a list of value in my select statemnt and adding NULL as the last part of the select.

select * into #PayerContracts

from OPENQUERY(%LINKEDSERVER%,'select PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass, UBClaimType, DisplayWebInd from %copyfromdb%.dbo.PayerContracts')

go

then

insert into %copytodbname%.dbo.PayerContracts

(PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass,UBClaimType, DisplayWebInd, timestamp)

select PUID, ContractID, PyrContractUID, Effective, Termination, InsuranceType, Entity, Facility, InsuranceCo, EmployerCode, DateType, InsuranceGroupID, FinClass, UBClaimType, DisplayWebInd, NULL

from #PayerContracts

go

always get a backup before you try that.

• Give this link a try

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873160

• Here is what worked for me. Remote SQL on a linked server.

declare @value1 int, @value2 int

DECLARE @v1 datetime

SET @v1 = CONVERT(datetime,getdate() )

EXEC('INSERT INTO SCHEMANAME.TABLENAME(RegularCol1, RegularCol2, TIMESTAMPColumnInOracle )

VALUES (?, ?, ?)', @value1, @value2,@v1)

AT OracleLinkedServer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply