One set of fields for report preview and another set of fields in the report download

• Hi all,

I have an SSRS report requirement wherein the customer wants to see one set of fields on the report screen i.e. preview/printout and another set of fields in the report download. I googled on it, but could not find much. Do you know how we can implement this?

Thanks,

Sahasam

• If I understand the requirement correctly, I have a possibility that has worked before. You create the "preview" version as the client wants to see it. On the report you create a text box that says Download (or something similar) and you attach a Jump to URL action. Using URL access parameters call a second "download" version of the report that has the different fields and the file type (rsFormat= usually pdf or xls). When a user clicks the textbox/link they'll be prompted with the open/save as dialog box and can download away.

If the two report formats are very similar in terms of fields and layouts you can optionally have the jump to action call the same report. The report would then need to contain an additional parameter called download or whatever. This would be defaulted to false, but then in the jump to action you could assign the value to true. This would then be used in the visibilty property of any items that would appear on the download version but not preview (or vice versa).

Hope this helps,

Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply