NoSQL Complaints

• Iwas Bornready (11/30/2015)

I believe it is too late for me to think beyond the traditional RDBMS.

I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately the "traditional RDBMS" arrived too late for me not to think beyond it, and that sometimes makes me feel older than the hills (which is painful, as I have to walk up and down a lot of them). :laugh:

Tom

• I really don't understand this article at all.

NoSQL is such a broad topic that you really can't push out blanket statements about everything under the NoSQL umbrella much like you can't for everything under the RDBMS umbrella.

And for clarity, MongoDB is a NoSQL database. It's database type would be a document store. It doesn't mean it's any less apart of the NoSQL family because it's type is a document store. The same applies for all the other types such as document, key-value, column or graph databases who are all apart of the NoSQL family.

• xsevensinzx (12/4/2015)

I really don't understand this article at all.

NoSQL is such a broad topic that you really can't push out blanket statements about everything under the NoSQL umbrella much like you can't for everything under the RDBMS umbrella.

And for clarity, MongoDB is a NoSQL database. It's database type would be a document store. It doesn't mean it's any less apart of the NoSQL family because it's type is a document store. The same applies for all the other types such as document, key-value, column or graph databases who are all apart of the NoSQL family.

Agree. We should talk document stores v graph dbs v key/value stores.

• IIRC, Amazon uses messaging between systems, so the high volumes of orders get queued and processed into a relational system. It's usually seconds, but the queue allows for delays.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/9/2015)

xsevensinzx (12/4/2015)

I really don't understand this article at all.

Agree. We should talk document stores v graph dbs v key/value stores.

Yeah, that makes more sense too.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply