No join predicate problem

• Hi all,

A query that involves an outer join operation runs very slowly in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and this problem is resolved with hotfix after SP 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942444.

Does anybody know is this hotfix included in the SP3 because I have exactly the same problem like I mentiod before.

I know that all hotfix should be included in the next SP but I am not sure in that.

Thank you in advance!

• When in doubt about thing released by Microsoft, the best source is Microsoft. You can go to the MSDN web site. Finding "What's New in SQL Server 2005 SP3" will lead here. There you'll find a link to a list of cumulative bug fixes. Searching through the list, I don't see 942444. However, looking at it's web page, I see that it's part of cumulative update #4. I found this on the cumulative bug list page:

In addition to the fixes that are listed below, SQL Server 2005 SP3 contains the hotfixes that were included in cumulative update packages for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 from cumulative update package 1 to cumulative update package 9.

So, yes.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Thank you for your effort I also find this on Microsoft site, but I am still not sure 🙂

• kladibeeto (6/10/2009)

Thank you for your effort I also find this on Microsoft site, but I am still not sure 🙂

How you can not be sure? Microsoft may be a large, hegemonic company, but they're not going to intentionally lie about something like this. If they say it's there, you can assume it's there until proven otherwise. But if you're feeling particularly paranoid, install it to a test machine and run your code to verify that it works.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• [/quote]

How you can not be sure? Microsoft may be a large, hegemonic company, but they're not going to intentionally lie about something like this. If they say it's there, you can assume it's there until proven otherwise. But if you're feeling particularly paranoid, install it to a test machine and run your code to verify that it works.[/quote]

They remove multivalue parameters in reporting services with SP1 and after that I am little suspect about SP.

I have "no join predicate" problem in the machine with SP3 installed on, I will write here when I test everything...

• Have you resolved this "No join predicate problem" please update..

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply