Named Pipes Memory Leak.

• Hi all,

I am running Sql2000 sp2, on Win2000 Adv Server, Active/Active cluster Quad 700's 2 gig of ram.

I have had a recuring problem with buffer latch timeouts, and having to reboot the server. I have some client connections that are connecting via named pipes. Has anyone seen any articles or had any problems with named pipes and memory leaks.

Thanks

Tom Goltl

• Nope, mostly IP connections for me. Are you rebuilding indexes regularly? I've seen latch waits if the db was heavily fragmented a couple times.

Andy

• I agree with Andy, doesn't sound like the named pipes protocol. Are the database very large? If so it is most likely what ANdy states.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• We do use primarily all IP connections to the database.

I haven't reindexed for a while but the showcontig is not reporting extreme amounts of fragmentation.

I was using dbreindex to rebuild my indexes and I was getting consistency errors while running checkdb. Are there any issues with dbreindex. It seemed to show up after our upgrade to sp2.

Thanks

Tom

• I havent had any problems so far.

Andy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply