Named Instance Problem

• Good Day

Let me give you the background info

I had a problem with a named instance on our production box that crashed and I was unable to rebuild the master database. I then uninstalled the named instance only (Had some problems and followed an ms article that deleted the reg keys for the instance.). When I try reinstall SQL I get  “unable to create the registry setreBuildServer” the install just end there.

The box  spec are;

Windows 2003

SQL Enterprise

Just to add one last bit the default instance still runs fine. The problem is trying to install the named instance.

Any help would be great

Mike

• Did you get a backup of your registry prior to deleting keys?  I would suggest restoring your registry to its previous state and attempt to re-install again.  What kind of problems did you have the first time that made you go out to MS.  Can you post the MS KB article that you used?

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Yep!! It seems to me also that registry is not clean and so u r facing the issue. Why don't u try a registry restore with a good available back up? If you don't have that.. try with some good registry cleaner [But with xtreme caution ]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply