Multiple Users Designing Packages

• I have an issue where multiple users want to be able to change the same DTS package. After doing some research it looks like it is not possible to give permissions to more than one user for a package. I took a look at the sp_add_dtspackage procedure and it does a check to make sure the one trying to change the package is the owner, which would prevent anyone else from making changes. I have heard that there may be a way to have an NT group own packages, but I have not been able to do this with my systems. Has anyone looked at solutions for this issue and if so what are they?

Thanks.

• The way we solved it was by using a specific SQL login when connecting to the server to edit packages.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Thanks for the response. That is the way I am currently working around the problem. However, it doesn't seem to work in all instances. What I mean is, when a person is connected as the "JobUser" and they create a package it seems to take the Windows user name as the owner even though they are logged in under SQL authentication with the "JobUser" account in EM.

Have you ever had that issue? Maybe I'm missing something. I don't know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply