Multiple SSRS server problems

• Hello,

I have a number of SSRS servers I would like to consolidate down to two clustered servers. My problem is, is there an easy way to manage moving information from one server to another server to combine everything. I will then want to configure defined Dev, Test, Prod environments and be able to move reports from one server to the other. Just wondering if there are any pre-built tools for this and or how other people are managing this today.

Thanks in advance,

• J.Cole (11/3/2009)

Hello,

I have a number of SSRS servers I would like to consolidate down to two clustered servers. My problem is, is there an easy way to manage moving information from one server to another server to combine everything. I will then want to configure defined Dev, Test, Prod environments and be able to move reports from one server to the other. Just wondering if there are any pre-built tools for this and or how other people are managing this today.

Thanks in advance,

There is no pre built tool for this if you want both the datasource databases and the Reports consolidated then you have to move the data to a new database and change connectionstrings, then move the reports. If you don't want to move the datasource databases then you have two options use the scripter or a cleaner solution is to copy the original code with associated solution files to the new Report Manager. This assumes you will migrate one SSRS deployment to use as the place for consolidation which means you will backup both ReportserverDB and ReportserverTempDB and use the correct steps to migrate.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply