multiple instances

• Hi,

I have two instances installed on the same machine. One instance DEV and the second PRD. The front end application is an old MS Access adopted to new data source.

Everything is fine and works properly on DEV instance. So I have deployed a PRD instance, changed properly conncetion string to the front end Access apps and have some problems. When trying get the data, I export it to MS Excel, got 2 different messages depending on a query underling the export.

a) ODBC link fails

b)  Excpected SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ......

Each query opens properly when I open them manually. I think that the problem is on SQL Server side, I use SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition.

Thanks for some help - Greg

• Is your second instance using a different TCP/IP port to the default instance - see BOL on why this is important.  Have you allowed access to the new port through your firewall.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply