Msg 62309, Level 19, State 1, Line 1 on Litespeed RESTORE

• Hi

Anybody faced the below issue? I've restored the database, i tracked the restore thru exec_requests and the percent_complete value for the session_id was 100, but finally i got the below error and the DB is in RESTORING state, anybody come accorss?

I've verified the version of litespeed on both servers, both are same 4.6.

Any idea?

Msg 62309, Level 19, State 1, Line 1

SQL Server has returned a failure message to LiteSpeed 2005 which has prevented the operation from succeeding.

The following message is not a LiteSpeed 2005 message. Please refer to SQL Server books online or Microsoft technical support for a solution:

Processed 75529408 pages for database 'DATABASE1', file 'DATABASE1_data1' on file 1.

Processed 4180456 pages for database 'DATABASE1', file 'DATABASE1_data2' on file 1.

Processed 389897 pages for database 'DATABASE1', file 'DATABASE1_Log' on file 1.

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

• What does the following do?

RESTORE DATABASE DATABASE1 WITH RECOVERY

Is there anything interesting in the SQL error log from that time?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Im restoring with STANDBY option for new logshipping setup.

Also I found the following in the SQL log, looks like some consistency issue in page level

2008-11-04 16:08:24.350 spid74 Starting up database 'DATABASE1'.

2008-11-04 16:08:24.440 spid74 The database DATABASE1' is marked RESTORING and is in a state that does not allow recovery to be run.

2008-11-04 16:08:39.130 spid74 Error: 824, Severity: 16, State: 2.

2008-11-04 16:08:39.130 spid74 SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect pageid (expected 1:11748607; actual 23:5220531). It occurred during a read of page (1:11748607) in database ID 6 at offset 0x000016689fe000 in file 'M:\DATABASE1_data1.mdf

Any other suggestions...

Thanks

Jay.

• Jayakumar Krishnan (11/4/2008)

2008-11-04 16:08:39.130 spid74 SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect pageid (expected 1:11748607; actual 23:5220531). It occurred during a read of page (1:11748607) in database ID 6 at offset 0x000016689fe000 in file 'M:\DATABASE1_data1.mdf

Your database is corrupt.

Please run the following on the database that was the source of that backup, and post the results here

DBCC CheckDB ('Database1') WITH No_infomsgs, all_errormsgs

Do you do regular integrity checks of that database?

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Thanks for your suggesstions, this is new database, we didnt do so far, i've to schedule it in off bussiness.

• The CHECKDB executed and there is no consistency errors on the DB.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'Database1'.

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

So I'm planning to take a new full backup from the primary, hope it should help me.

I'll update once i complete my task successfully.

Thanks Gila...

Jay.

• Jayakumar Krishnan (11/4/2008)

The CHECKDB executed and there is no consistency errors on the DB.

That's good! It may be that the backup was damaged, or it may be that the destination server has some hardware issues that caused the corruption on restore. Can you check the windows event log (and any other hardware logs) to see if there's anything relevant from around the time you were doing the restore?

Gail Shaw

• OK, here is the issue, I found that the Disk where the primary data file placed has some issue.

Event Log

------------

"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume M$."

Thats why after RESTORE when SQL trying to recover the database it failed to recover.

I RESTOREd the DB in different drive SUCCESSFULLY.

Lessons

-------

The RESTORE may fail many reasons, but when we troubleshoot that issue we've to check all the possible logs

1. Analyse the Error outcome

2. Check SQL Error Log

*** In my case i found that Logical consistency error, based i executed DBCC CHECKDB, but no errors, then took a fresh backup and tried RESTORE, again failed.

3. Check System and Application Event log

*** Second time RESTORE, I found Disk error on System Event Log, then tried to restore another drive and succeeded.

4. Other possible H/W logs

Thanks

Jay.

• Jayakumar Krishnan (11/5/2008)

"The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume M$."

Yeah, that'll cause a few problems. :hehe:

Glad you're sorted.

Gail Shaw

• Just to add something from my personal experience this morning ... I had this same error and problem with my Full Backups that are scheduled nightly on a test server.

My issue turned out to be insufficient space in MSDB to write to 'backupmediafamily.

I allowed more space for MSDB to grow, and the backups completed just fine. Cheers!

• Dear all,

My problem is similar but with differential backups on the LiteSpeed 2005 [Version 4.6.0.00303]

" [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 1) SQL Server has returned a failure message to LiteSpeed 2005 which has prevented the operation from succeeding. The following message is not a LiteSpeed 2005 message. Please refer to SQL Server books online or Microsoft technical support for a solution: BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. Cannot perform a differential backup for database "Database1", because a current database backup does not exist. Perform a full database backup by reissuing BACKUP DATABASE, omitting the WITH DIFFERENTIAL option. [SQLSTATE HY000] (Error 62309). The step failed."

My main issue is that the job performs the differential backups on a couple of days and fails on the next day. We have tired the following:

•We have already taken the new full backup for Database1 and rerun the job even it is failing.

•We have executed the script at Query analyzer as well but even its failing.

•We have checked the backup files at the different drives, all have proper files.

Kindly do help out at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

• Sam Aaron Navaraj (12/11/2008)

Dear all,

My problem is similar but with differential backups on the LiteSpeed 2005 [Version 4.6.0.00303]

" [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 1) SQL Server has returned a failure message to LiteSpeed 2005 which has prevented the operation from succeeding. The following message is not a LiteSpeed 2005 message. Please refer to SQL Server books online or Microsoft technical support for a solution: BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. Cannot perform a differential backup for database "Database1", because a current database backup does not exist. Perform a full database backup by reissuing BACKUP DATABASE, omitting the WITH DIFFERENTIAL option. [SQLSTATE HY000] (Error 62309). The step failed."

My main issue is that the job performs the differential backups on a couple of days and fails on the next day. We have tired the following:

•We have already taken the new full backup for Database1 and rerun the job even it is failing.

•We have executed the script at Query analyzer as well but even its failing.

•We have checked the backup files at the different drives, all have proper files.

Kindly do help out at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Sam, you really should start a new post for this instead of tacking onto an existing post. Anyways, your problem is very simple - someone is either truncating the log or changing the recovery model between your differential backups. Once either of those happen - you need to run a full backup.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• I think unless he is trying to restore logs we don't have to worry about truncate or recovery model.

He is trying to restore differential backup and there could be another reason for this.

• I got the same error except I was doing full backup. What is wrong then?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

• Hi....

Are you using SQL Server 2005 with SP1?

Cos that was our problem that caused this....

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply