MSDTC fail on Active\pasive cluster

• Hello,

we have win2k3 sp1 and SQL2000 SP4.

The problem is that I cann't to force MSDTC to come online. The short review of what I do and what I get:

1. following (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817064/) KB, after enabling network DTC access I find MSDTC resource installed in the cluster group with Q disk and cluster network name dependencies. There is suggestion that it would be better if we put MSDTC resource in separate group with MSDTC dedicated disk, MSDTC network name, MSDTC IP address. So I stop this new created MSDTC resource in the cluster group, delete it, and delete Q:\msdtclog folder.

2. Foloowing 301600KB I create separate MSDTC group with all 4 resources, but MSDTC resource fails to come online. I check this new physical disk and find out that there is no msdtclog folder created. What I'm doing wrong

In the event log I find the next error:

EventID 4389

MS DTC setup failed to populate the shared cluster registry. The DTC resource will not be able to come online.Error Specifics: d:\srvrtm\com\complus\dtc\shared\mtxclu\mtxclusetuphelper.cpp:120, Pid: 2068, CmdLine: "C:\WINDOWS\cluster\resrcmon.exe" -e 944 -m 984 -p 3540

Does anyone has any ideas?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Is the server presently in production (I'm guessing no at this time). If the server is not in production I'd opt for the simple solution on this one:

• Break the cluster
    • Re-enable the cluster
    • Test fail-over and fail-back (both via the Cluster Administrator and just by shutting the servers off)
    • Install SQL Server
    • Then re-test fail-over and fail-back (both via the Cluster Administrator and just by shutting the servers off)

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply