MS SQL auto detach on REBOOT

• Hi Guys,

I am very new to MS SQL, and i have a serious problem.

I have two Server, SVR1 and SVR2, which are running on MSSQL Agent and one NAS Server,NAS1, which is running MSSQL Server, and I connect the SVR1 and SVR2's MSSQL Agent to NAS1's MSSQL Server successfully, and i perform all the attaching of databases successfully.

The problem is : when the NAS1 get rebooted, then all the databases connection are lost and i have to manual attached back all the database. As i know there are an option in the MSSQL server to enable auto attach of all the database, but I really don't know where it sit.So can any one please guides me on that issues ?

Thanks in advance~~

• I don't quite understand where SQL Agent comes into play, but SQL Server is not recommended to be used with a NAS for this reason.

When your NAS reboots, it's like the disks for SQL Server failed. They will not restart things as the databases will be marked as suspect to prevent data loss.

There is no switch to automatically do this and you should not run SQL Server on a NAS (this is one of a few reasons).

• Hi

Not sure if it helps but

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304261

seems to cover this

• hi,

Exactly said.. steve.. If there is disconnection between the nas filer and the user database, then db will be marked to suspect mode.

Once the Nas filer connection is established, You need to detach and attach the database file which is pointing in the NAS filer.

If you have the down time or you can restart the SQL Server, then there is any option, where SQL SERVER will automatically detech the file and all the db's will be online. This is applicable, once the NAS filer is available to access and after boucing the SQL Server.

Regards

Kumar

• Also, if you shut down SQL Server before the NAS reboots, and bring it back up after the NAS reboot, you'll be OK.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply