Movine Enterprise Manager to new machine

• I have a user who just got a new PC.  I have installed the Client tools, and would like to copy the registered servers from the old PC to the new PC.  I know from past experience that these values are stored in a registry entry, but I cannot remmeber where it is.  Does anyone else remember?

• Try this.

In Enterprise Manager, right click on Microsoft SQL Servers. You will see an option for Export List. Export the list, copy it to the new location.

-SQLBill

• That only lists the groups under that heading.  It does not list the servers.

• There are some great scripts here on SqlServerCentral that you can use. There is one in particular that I used very frequently but it's now on an external HD somewhere.

Do search for the scripts in the Script Libary. Otherwise on Tuesday maybe I can find the HD and send the script to you.

Regards,

Hanslindgren

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\SQLEW\Registered Servers X

Under this key, you will find subkeys that are the "Groups".  Under the subkeys are listed the registered servers.

• Thank you for the replies.  I found what I needed in Scripts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply