Modify protection level of package stored in MSDB

• Hi all,

I developed a package and saved in filesystem with the protection level to rely on server storage.

I then deployed the package to sql server storage with sql server authentication by saving a copy of dtsx. I lost the filesystem package and when I am tring to copy the package from sql server to filesystem using dtutil

DTUTIL /SQL mypkgname /SOURCEUSER dev_centralteam.temp /SOURCEPASSWORD mypswd /COPY FILE;T:\SAMPLE.DTSX /QUIET

I was encountered with the following error,

The package cannot be saved to the file system since the protection level is server storage, use the encrypt option to change the protection level.

Any idea of how to change the protection level and to which encryption protection level.

I am the only owner and user of the package.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

• There is an option in the GUI itself to change the Protection Level. You may find this article useful.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Thnaks for ur reply.

Yeah I know I can do it in SSMS but I cannot import or export packages by connecting to integration services, coz I am encountered with an error : SQL Server specified in SSIS configuration is not present or available even after changing the configuration file to my server and instance name.

And the package I stored is now not anywhere else other than sql server storage.

Any help is really appreciated

• I'm not certain that this applies to your situation and I'm not sure of the syntax as I've never used the DTUTIL feature, but you should be able to set the protection level using the utility. This article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141747.aspx (can't seem to get the hyperlink to work correctly) describes what value to set for the various protection levels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply