Mirroring State is Disconected

• Hi,

i have recently setup a mirroring between two server and i m also using a third server as witness. on this weekend due to some network problem's a failover occure and it's was working fine after ward.. but now the problem is today i checked it's showing me One principle server (mirror/disconnected/ in recovery) and on mirror server it's showing me (Prinicipal/ disconnected)..

i try to manual failover back to Principle Server but it's not doing any Thnkg,

i m very new in mirroring please help me how can i reconnect these all and mirroring start working....

i also check the log file on witneess server and i found this

Error: 1479, Severity: 16, State: 1.

2008-08-25 08:09:57.99 spid17s The mirroring connection to "TCP://servername:domainname:5022" has timed out for database "DatabaseName" after 10 seconds without a response. Check the service and network connections.

• There's some underlying network problem that's preventing the principle from seeing the mirror and vis versa. Before you can fail back, you are going to have to fix the connectivity problem. Are there any network people you can speak to where you are?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • THANKS.

i think there is some network issue is going on....

• Hi, did you ever get a resolution to your issue? We are having the same exact problem. I believe it's network-related, rather than a SQL problem, but I can't get much traction on it.

thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply