Mirroring connection error

• Hi there,

I am currently getting the following error in my error logs right before the databases failover to the standby node:

Database mirroring connection error 4 '64(The specified network name is no longer available.)'

for 'TCP://ZABLV04005.vodacom.corp:5022'.

I have liaised with the network guys and they have told me that there were no networks disruptions.

Can anyone please tell me what this error means and how can this be fixed. I cannot afford to have my databases failover every time this error occurs.

Regards

IC

• Hi - these sort of things are quite difficult to diagnose without things like perfmons and network traces but:

This is a windows error that means that the server could not connect to the other server, more specifically the error is ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.0&EvtID=64&EvtSrc=Kernel

Possible causes include:

a problem with the network

a problem with the remote server i.e. it was to busy to reply to a network connect or some other problem

a problem with the source server

I would ask your network guys to check again and maybe turn on some tracing for next time, as well as looking at the route between the servers (if there is any) also make sure any dns (or wins!) servers are active and serving the right name lookups.

If you have mom or anything like that you can get performance reports of both servers at the time, if you don't check the event logs for any possible indicators.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply