migration sql server 2005 to 2008

• Hi all,

where i work we use sql server 2005 (triggers, store procedure, function sql, database, table, temp table ..) and so on.

In a few days , we think to migrate all to sql server 2008.

I would like to know if some people HAVE MEET some problems and if i must to look at something when we transfer to all object to sql server 2008 !?

I'm a beginner with sql server and i don't want to spend one week to migrate ..

thanks for your time and comments

Christophe

• WE sell software using SQL Server. Another department had lots of customer pc's that did not install the express edition correctly.

I also had problems pre SP1 installing SQL server, so if you have it installed, you are well away.

The one problem we did encounter was XML being passed to a CLR stored proc. It worked fine in SQL2005 but not in 2008. I guess you might not have that problem so I would not expect major issues.

But as always, test, test, test.

• I just left a company that did a number of migrations. We had very few issues. Most of the time the problem was in code that was deprecated. Be sure you run the Upgrad Advisor and you should be fine. In most cases.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply