Migrating DTS package of sql sever 2000 to sql server 2005

• Hi,

Can any one let me know,how do i migrate exsisting DTS in sql server 2000 to sql server 2005.

TIA,

Sudheer

Regards,
    Sudheer 

My Blog

• The advice I have heard from SQL Server MVPs who have been involved with SQL2005 DTS since alpha-test days is that it is best to re-engineer your DTS, and not try to just migrate.

This is because a) Not all SQL2000 DTS functions exist in SQL2005 DTS; b) SQL2005 DTS have many new functions that allow you to replace custom code with built-in functionality.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• But still if you want to migrate the DTS packages, you have to install a option during installatio of yukon. If already installed you can just upgrade it also. Then In BI Managment studio go for a new project (Data Tx project). Right click on DTS Packages in solution explorer. You will find 3 options, last one is export 2000 DTS. If 3rd option is not present, you may have to look for installing that option

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply