Migrating databases from sql 2000 to 2005

• I have Moved the databases from sql 2000 to 2005 using detach and attach method, and transfered logins using the script available in Microsoft. After doing that the logins are not available at Server level. Can somebody help me on this..

• What scirpt did you use? If you ran the sp_help_revlogin script, the logins are there. Logins are only at the server level. Users are at the database level.

• How can i check whether all the logins are moved from 2000 to 2005 or not

• use the sp_help_revlogin script - execute from the Master database.

You need to execute it from the 2000 server, copy the results to the 2005 server and then execute that.

To verify that the logins were transferred, do the following from ssms (Management Studio)

1. Connect to your database server

2. Expand security

3. Expand Logins

You should be able to see your transferred logins from there.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Run this two (2) stored procedures on each of your servers and database(s)

sp_Helplogins

sp_helpuser

Compare the results from each server and each database. This should allow you to determine which have been successfully transferred and which have not been successfully transferred.

Or

Proceed as directed by CirquedeSQLeil

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Thankyou all guys, This is all new to me, Please help me out with the issues. I will keep posting

• How do we refresh schema and data in a database? and move to test server to UAT Server?

• Before making the transfer to the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) server may I suggest you read the following, if you have not already done so.

SQL Server 2005 Books Online (September 2007)

Backward Compatibility

and read each of the additional links in that document.

This information may cause you to test and possible alter code on your development server before moving to UAT.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply