Migrated SQL 2000 DTS Package

• I migrated a SQL 2000 DTS package to SQL 2005. Where do I find the migrated package so I can bring it up and edit it? Not sure what the next step is.

Thank you.

Rog

• You can find DTS packages in Management Studio Object Exporer under Management -> Legacy -> Data Transformation Services. You have to have the DTS Designer components installed on the server where SQL 2005 is installed. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&DisplayLang=en

Greg

• Thanks. I migrated a SQL 2000 DTS package. Do these SSIS packages appear from within the SQL Management Studio itself?

Roger

• Do you mean you migrated a DTS package to SSIS? You can see SSIS package in SSMS, but you can't edit them there. You must use Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) to change SSIS packages.

To see the packages saved to either SQL Server or the file system in SSMS, you have to connect to Integration Services on the server. Then you can see the packages under Integration Services in the Object Explorer.

Greg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply