Merge Replication problems

• Hi,

We are working in a Merge replication environment where we have SQL Server 2005, 11 publications and 2 subscribers.

We used to get lot of incidents from the Application owner for blockings, recently we faced a situation where the lead blocker is in sleeping state and the session was used by the merge agent.

Checked the query that the session was running, it was sys.sp_MSenumgenerations90;1.

Could anyone please suggest me what is the above stored procedure and how to avoid this blocking other sessions.

• rkrpat (5/10/2015)

Hi,

We are working in a Merge replication environment where we have SQL Server 2005, 11 publications and 2 subscribers.

We used to get lot of incidents from the Application owner for blockings, recently we faced a situation where the lead blocker is in sleeping state and the session was used by the merge agent.

Checked the query that the session was running, it was sys.sp_MSenumgenerations90;1.

Could anyone please suggest me what is the above stored procedure and how to avoid this blocking other sessions.

The sys.sp_MSenumgenerations90 procedure is part of the replication mechanism and it has somewhat of a troubled past. Cannot remember any general fix but I'm certain that a quick search exercise will bring back plenty of suggestions.

😎

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply