Merge Replication

• I am using merge replication however I needee to add some new data from another database so , I disabled replication.  I have a tool called SQL Data Compare and when I run the comparison it stops and returns an error that says the SQL tables are being replicated.  Why does it think that those tables are still being replicated?  Any ideas ???????

• How are you inserting the new data?  Through SQL Data Compare?  We also use that tool but do not drop the subscriber when inserting data into the publication and haven't had problems with the data merging into the subscriber because Data Compare uses 'Insert' statements.  Is Data Compare stopping during the comparision or when you syncronize the data?

Disabled replication by dropping subscribers and publication?  Replication may not have totally been removed.  Are the replication triggers still on the replicated tables? 

Sorry about all of the questions, but there seems like there could be a few possibilities.

• I am using Data Compare to insert the data.  Data Compare is stopping during sync. and replies with an error message that says this table is being used for replication.  In Enterprise Manager there's an option that allows you to disable publishing and distribution and that's what I selected.  Thanks for your help!

• Can you test and try to insert 1 row using query analyzer to see if you get the same error on one of the previously replicated tables? 

One time when I disabled publishing something didn't deconfigure and I wasn't even able to insert a record using query analyzer.  I had to manually drop all the replication triggers, replication stored procedures, conflict tables and conflict views, in order to perform DML again on the database.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply