Memory help... MEMOBJ_SQLCLR_CLR_EE ??

• Hi Friends,

I'm running the following script

select mo.type

, sum(mo.pages_allocated_count * mo.page_size_in_bytes/1024) AS N'Current KB'

, sum(mo.max_pages_allocated_count * mo.page_size_in_bytes/1024) AS N'Max KB'

from sys.dm_os_memory_objects mo

where mo.[type] like '%clr%'

group by mo.type

order by mo.type

And what i'm seeing is MEMOBJ_SQLCLR_CLR_EE increases gradually but steadily wih no sign of easing. As we have had MTL issues i'm wondering if this could be a possible cause? What is MEMOBJ_SQLCLR_CLR_EE??

Many thanks 🙂

Mr J 🙂

Remember
    Without Change something sleeps inside of us that seldom awakens, the sleeper must awaken!!

• I do not know how far the below link would help you. Please refer the same.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlnetfx/thread/9afded55-72ae-49eb-b7c3-f2ab491f93c9

• Funny enough I have already come across this thread but still thanks for the post.. unfortunately it doesnt really give any clues to my question. I wanna know what MEMOBJ_SQLCLR_CLR_EE is and how if possible query what it is made up of.

Cheers 🙂

Remember
    Without Change something sleeps inside of us that seldom awakens, the sleeper must awaken!!

• The DMV "sys.dm_os_memory_objects" shows the memory pages allocated to the SQL server objects.

Your query is retruning the memory pages allocated for the CLR objects .

Try the below link , might give some more info.

thanks
    sarat 🙂
    Curious about SQL

• Try the White paper on the SQL CLR in SQLskills.com, it gives lot more info.

thanks
    sarat 🙂
    Curious about SQL

• After an extensive googling out, I could only relate this with Execution Engine of CLR at the time of GC.

• Thanks hunt for the links, I've been googling my brains out and their isn't much around for MEMOBJ_SQLCLR_CLR_EE. I'll keep on digging and if i found anything interesting I'll update you guys.

Thanks for your support

Mr J 🙂

Remember

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply