MCTS 70-431

• I'm preparing for the 70-431 and maybe I will have the oportunity to take the bootcamp for the MCTS.

Does anyone have already taken one of this bootcamps?, that could give me and advice?

Thanks

oscarto

MCSE, MCSA, Security+

• I'd like to 2nd this request - I'm also considering taking this exam and would like to hear people's thoughts on it... whether it was beneficial, how practical, exam difficulty etc.... any comments very welcome

Thanks

JD

• I found the test to be somewhat challenging.  I have listened to a lot about SQL 2005 and have occasionally used the tools.  But I'm still working primarily in SQL 2000.  This test is not a SQL Server test, it is heavily a SQL Server 2005 test.

I found the test to be practical and benefiical.  When you are done with the test, you will feel like you have covered in part many aspects of working with SQL 2005.

I passed by a better score than I thought I would, but it was still hard.

Russel Loski, MCSE Business Intelligence, Data Platform

• I found this test to be challenging, but not impossibly so. It covers a broad range of topics and features in SS2005. The exam now includes simulations, which is new for the SQL Server exams.

I passed on the first try using Transcender test prep and having read up on some of the new features (XML, notification services, mirroring) as well as attending sessions at the PASS summit and the local user group. And of course, using the product

• I've passed the 70-431.

I have also passed the 70-228 and 70-229.

IMO, the 431 was harder than both of them.

Look at the topics covered..it is a lot of stuff.

I used te MSPress training kit (850 pages) and the transcender as well.

You'll need to know everything in that training kit book.

As more people have experience with the 431, I think the value will go up. It seemed a lot harder than the 2000 exams.

• I did the 70-431 exam in june last year. To my opinion it was not that hard. The questions were at a rather high level so not to much detail questions.

Offcourse, since it has been a while, questions may have changed.

Last week I did the 70-441 which was a lot more difficult then the 70-431. Also the structure is more based on scenario's and choosing what is best.

Greetz,

Geert

Geert Verhoeven

Consultant @ Ausy Belgium

My Personal Blog

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply