Matrix/Crosstab report - this thing is kicking my butt

• I have a tabular dataset that I'd like to roll up into a crosstab. I haven't created many SSRS reports, but this one is beating me down. 🙂 Screenshots of the report designer and a running report layout are attached. I have three main questions (for now)...

Some background:

- I have to give subtotals per week, so I added two columns to the dataset query (GroupingYear, GroupingWeek, which are derived from the date column's value for each row). This will let me sort and group by Year then Week (I need Year since the dataset can span years, which would reset Week to 1 and mess up the order and grouping).

Questions:

1. Why does the rendered report show each week group as a separate "mini-report," where the dynamic cross-tabbed columns don't line up? If the data was considered as one big dataset, any column that has missing data for that week should still render the column but just show blanks/nulls/zeros. This also means the row header is repeated for each mini-report, where I want it to repeat only at the top of every page.

2. I cannot figure out how to add a grand total row, where each dynamic column will get its own aggregate grand total value. The screenshot shows my last attempt to right-click the GroupingWeek group cell and Add Total - After, but that just gives one big rectangle across the width of the matrix, so i can only add a single aggregate value (which is the correct grand total for the "Total" group column's values).

3. The designer will not let me drag and drop Page Number or Total Pages onto the workspace. I'd like to show "Page x of y" at the bottom right of the report.

Thanks!

• Figured out the answer to one of my questions. Found the Report Header/Footer menu items, added a footer and added ="Page " + CStr(Globals!PageNumber) + " of " + CStr(Globals!TotalPages) to the textbox in the footer.

Still need help with the other two questions.

Thanks!

• Howdy, it's kind of hard to tell from the screen shots, but it looks as if you've created a matrix, then inserted another tablix into the first matrix cell. This would produce the results you are seeing, as it would render the whole inserted table for each row in the matrix.

[font="Courier New"]Looking for a Deadlock Victim Support Group..[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply