MAPI status of sql 2000 server

• I am not a DBA but have admin rights on a server. I intend to use the xp_sendmail procedure. How can I check if the MS outlook on the server is MAPI enabled.

Thanks

• You must login to the server using the SQL Server Service account, configure the MAPI client and then configure SQL Server to select that profile in Enterprise Manager by right clicking on SQL Server Agent|Properties and under the General tab choosing the mail profile you created.

/*****************

If most people are not willing to see the difficulty, this is mainly because, consciously or unconsciously, they assume that it will be they who will settle these questions for the others, and because they are convinced of their own capacity to do this. -Friedrich August von Hayek

*****************/

• Please, where should I look for the MAPI client?

Thanks

• The MAPI client is normally Outlook.  If you log onto the server using the SQL Server Service account (if SQL is running under Local System you won't be able to configure email) Launch Outlook and it will prompt you to setup a profile.  Once that is done you can go to Enterprise Manager and configure SQL to use the profile you just created.

/*****************

If most people are not willing to see the difficulty, this is mainly because, consciously or unconsciously, they assume that it will be they who will settle these questions for the others, and because they are convinced of their own capacity to do this. -Friedrich August von Hayek

*****************/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply