Maintenance Plans - "Log extended information" not working

• We are running SP2 on all of our SQL 2005 builds. Version number is 9.0.3054.

On all of our maintenance plans, we have the "Log extended information" option ticked, however the text log files only show limited information such as

NEW COMPONENT OUTPUT

Microsoft(R) Server Maintenance Utility (Unicode) Version 9.0.3054

Report was generated on "SDC1DB107".

Maintenance Plan: User Databases

Duration: 00:00:41

Details:

Check Database Integrity Task (SDC1DB107)

Check Database integrity on Local server connection

Databases that have a compatibility level of 70 (SQL Server version 7.0) will be skipped.

Databases: All user databases

Include indexes

Task start: 2007-12-16T02:01:56.

Task end: 2007-12-16T02:01:57.

Success

Does anyone know what the problem is here? This is happening on every server.

• I've been getting the same thing. It's especially frustrating when you get a job failure but looking in that log shows everything finished OK (the integrity checks run OK so not sure what the failure is. Possibly in removing old log files, but no way to tell). I'm giving up on it and going back to just creating a standard SQL Agent job running T-SQL - at least if it fails I'll get something meaningful in the log.

The problem as I see it is that a package failure is logged but not what step failed within the package. I think it's a limitation of the Maintenance Plan feature. You may or may not be able to build something better in SSIS proper, but then why go to that extent when you can just do it with T-SQL anyway?

Scott Duncan

MARCUS. Why dost thou laugh? It fits not with this hour.
    TITUS. Why, I have not another tear to shed;
    --Titus Andronicus, William Shakespeare

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply