Maintenance plan migration from SQL Server 2014

• I have a number of maintenance plans with associated jobs in SQL Server 2014 which I need to migrate to SQL Server 2016. I have successfully exported and imported a test Maintenance Plan by connecting to Integration Services on the two servers but it does not appear under Management > Maintenance Plans.

• FIshNChipPapers - Sunday, April 23, 2017 4:50 AM

I have a number of maintenance plans with associated jobs in SQL Server 2014 which I need to migrate to SQL Server 2016. I have successfully exported and imported a test Maintenance Plan by connecting to Integration Services on the two servers but it does not appear under Management > Maintenance Plans.

What SQL Server edition is the SQL Server 2016? What role, permissions do you have on the 2016 server?
    What are the results when you execute the following on the 2016 SQL Server -
    SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('Edition')
    SELECT IS_SRVROLEMEMBER('sysadmin')

Sue

• Thanks for the response.

I have rerun the export/import process and this time it created the maintenance plan which I could then reference in a SQL Agent job. I am not sure why it failed to do so the first time and haven't been able to reproduce.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply