Maintenance Plan In MS SQL 2005

• I have created maintenance plan(s) to run automatically at a certain time. They have not run for quite sometime now. When I force them to run/execute, Am getting the following error message:

"Execute Maintenance Plan

- Execute maintenance plan. Fixed Assets BackUp On NHCHQDB - Mon-Fri (Error)

Execution failed. See the maintenance plan and SQL Server Agent job history logs for details.

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Job 'Fixed Assets BackUp On NHCHQDB - Mon-Fri.Subplan_1' failed. (SqlManagerUI)".

But also whenever I tried to delete/remove it it failed, said LogIn failed for user "sa"

• The message clearly states that you should look in the maintenance plan history. Have you done that yet - and if so, what is the error you see from that?

When you try to delete/remove it - what are you trying to delete/remove?

It sounds like this maintenance plan was created on a pre-SP2 2005 system and/or created using pre-SP2 client tools.

Make sure both the database system and client tools have been upgraded to SP4. If you still have problems, then delete the maintenance plan (not the agent job) and recreate it. If you still have problems deleting, then you will need to manually remove the items from the tables in MSDB to completely remove the maintenance plan and agent jobs.

As for the error with sa - that could be caused by someone renaming sa or disabling the sa account. or, when they created the maintenance plan they changed from windows authentication to sql authentication and used the sa account (not recommended - as that causes these kinds of issues).

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Make sure both the database system and client tools have been upgraded to SP4

Thanks & Best Regards
    Sumit Rana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply